End of Game / Next Game?

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Re: End of Game / Next Game?

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:01 pm

On population Growth: How much bigger should a realm be that benefits from optimizing population Growth regularly vs an identical realm that does not have access to it?
I would estimate:
10% - Pop growth is capped at +2 to rule attempts
30% - Pop growth is capped at +2 / 3 caster levels
50% - Pop growth is capped at +1 per caster level

I suspect the costs of the spell is negligible? Perhaps instead of cost based only on desired bonus, the cost is based on the province targeted. Perhaps Targeted province new level squared? (Province level 0 = 1RP, Province 3 = 16 RP, etc)

On Bless: Consider calibrating the spell against Alchemy. By adjusting the cost of the spell.
Should the results be similar of both be similar 1 GB per 3 RP spent?
Should the Cleric be better (by how many times?) As its benefits are often shared across domains?

How much did the spell produce on average, taking typical examples from early mid and late game, and how many RP was spent. Adjust the cost of the spell so that it would have had the desired balance.

The market will decide if the spell is still worthwhile.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:23 pm

We didn't have glacier, tundra, and desert terrains in this game, but they have low maximum province levels for every race. A setting dominated by these terrain types would have more and smaller-scale wars, and of a very different character. If they outnumbered the more comfortable provinces by enough, instead of the world being dominated by civilization, civilized lands might be at the mercy of the people around them. Sounds fun to me.

Maybe when we return to Anuire, we'll find the world half-baked and half-frozen, with just a few pockets of livable land remaining? That would give us a way to go back to the south coast without breaking continuity or discarding everything we've been developing. (I'd still like to continue, though I don't know how manageable it could be.)

Re: Bless, it was never worthwhile for NS to cast unless it was to resolve an event. It got less worthwhile later on, because actions became more valuable faster than the effects of Bless increased.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Or maybe choose up sides and one side is the Adurian invasion and the other side are the Cerilian Demi humans without priestly magic trying to stop us carving out an empire? Or we are all regents in Gorgon’s Crown trying not to get culled? Not sure if it would be easier if the battles eventually got large as long as there were only two sides fighting?

DB - Diarmuid

Post by DB - Diarmuid » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:20 pm

The BRCS v5(?) I believe handles pop growth significantly different and makes it incredibly slow the larger the province gets. Had a long week at work so I'll try and find time in the next day or so to post it, but Corbin was in that game as well and can probably speak to it more (since I was a non-landed I didn't spend a lot of time looking at it).
"Life is like a bag of cherries, it's pretty good until you bite into the rotten one."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:41 pm

Or we could do Alamie and Osoerde or whatever those two realms where that used to be one realm and split players on both sides civil war kind of thing.

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:08 pm

Going back to the OP:

I like the idea of automating combat to a degree (even if my gaming spirit that started with Total War games hates it). Not just for ease on the GM, but also as it allows turn resolutions to happen in ways that eliminate any wait for rolls and such (things that were probably happening in the background anyway) that can be done off screen.

On the flip side, while I'm definitely wanting to get in on the ground level (Turn 1) of a game, I've only ever been able to do that with games that I was running, and I'd dearly love to actually play a game instead of running. Even if it is in a system (AD&D) that I'm not familiar with at all.

I guess what I'm saying is...I'm good with some tweaks and starting over in a new setting.

I've always enjoyed the campaign when doing the Southern Coast and the Heartlands. It's big enough to give players a wide area to play in at need, while not trying to do the whole friggin' Anuirean empire. Just my two cents though.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

DB - Diarmuid

Post by DB - Diarmuid » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:20 pm

The Chimaeron campaign was fun....even if someone cheated in the duel with Wincae :)
"Life is like a bag of cherries, it's pretty good until you bite into the rotten one."

DK - Duergan King

Post by DK - Duergan King » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:32 am

If you want the option for all the different factions and races but with a new start you could always go for thaele and have there be something like a calling drawing people there. Seers and prophets all have visions of something in thaele and people go there to investigate. You have a mix of land with some good but also a lot of poor land limiting expansion.

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 am

1d3 summers resulted in 1 in 3 turns being summer, instead of 1 in 4. That = more growth.

I do like the idea of baronial size realms, like Diemed is 3 landed rulers, Aerenwe is 3, Rosoene is 2, OIT and ETN are each 2-3 temples, etc.

That way there's enough(small) realms for our players.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:48 am

Could do Thaele, though. That's a cool idea, in a way. With a handful of good provinces, the rest tundra, waste...

1 Spring, 1 Autumn.
0-1 Summer (d2-1)
1-3 Winters... (d3)