End of Game / Next Game?

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Re: End of Game / Next Game?

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:44 am

I think its a good idea to reduce the amount of units you can support and the amount of good provinces. Administrating wars with hundrets of units is just to much timeconsuming.

I would not go down the road of attrition as it will just complicate the game. Have a few units for free and increase the upkeep cost for the rest. Restrict how many units you can muster in one round.

Also I dont think we should make the game about us against the threats Juan can throw against us as it will just take more of his time. The game should be about the dinamics between the players with a few twists thrown inn from the DM.

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:00 am

DM Juan wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:48 am
Could do Thaele, though. That's a cool idea, in a way. With a handful of good provinces, the rest tundra, waste...

1 Spring, 1 Autumn.
0-1 Summer (d2-1)
1-3 Winters... (d3)
I like that idea, too -- or a "burning sands" desert setting which reverses things, and where winter is the "safe" season. Either way, I think people tend to really like colonization/settlement-style games (like Torova, Zedfrost, Giantsdown, and Aduria) and they have the advantage of taking NPCs off the stage, at least initially.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

BB - Bronzebeard

Post by BB - Bronzebeard » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:14 am

Since the consensus seems to be to call the game and move on, I can ask:

Was the use of the Adurian map for the game area tied to an aspect of the game, or just that you had it and it was simpler than creating something new? Been wondering ever since I realized the game area was western Aduria.
Brom Bronzebeard

The Wizard Under the Mountain

BS - Torpor

Post by BS - Torpor » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:06 am

It would be fun to do either desert or tundra, with few good provinces. Oasises if dessert, warm springs if tundra etc.

Wouldent mind if its in the current timeline, but well, either.
Tor'por
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track,
With poison in my wine cup, and daggers at my back."
- Robert E. Howard

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:44 am

I prefer a game where the players are the foes , not an unknown threat as everybody will join forces and will be by far more boring.
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:52 am

It was on purpose. The game is set "thousands of years" before Deismaar. There are no Gods nor blood present because the paradox of your arrival causes bloodlines/Gods and Deismaar.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:23 pm

There's still room for competition, even if there's an outside threat. Especially if the outside threat is impossible to destroy, at first, since that makes competition between those who are weathering the storm inevitable.

I do like the idea of a threat that's more of a regular nuisance than a creeping doom, though.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:01 pm

I like how the Crusader Kings games handle armies. You've got a very limited pool to create retinues with to serve as a standing army, and then the bulk of the manpower comes from calling up vassal troops. Vassals might not send you very much if they're not happy and they get steadily less happy the longer their men are raised unless they're fighting a defensive war.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Perhaps, fighter types should have a warband skill that allows them to command more troops directly, and if you go over that limit you start taking penalties across the board
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:39 pm

The problem would be: levies are so awful, you are sometimes better not to even raise them rather than water down your good units... but I think much of the issue regarding armies, etc will be mostly solved by smaller domains/map.