Fluff Discussions about what was going on

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Re: Fluff Discussions about what was going on

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:56 pm

I think youre pleasant surprise was from my lack of understanding of the game XD

As for wars, I tried to mediate or cancel out the caucus beli as much as I could, but more or less was ignored by major players so it just looked like imperialism
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Arawn had a map of 9 to start. Tri class. Planned to build huge infrastructure of province guilds temples and sources. Need friends.

Hey there’s a paladin. Have this province Paladin and lemme build even more holdings in your lands and keep me safe.

Hey there’s some dwarves! I got mountains that I can’t populate very good. Have these mountains and let me have more holdings than I would have gotten if I’d kept the mountains! Also more fiends for protection while I build.

More friends! And Gnolls! Let’s all be friends and protect me while I build!

Build build build. Let’s tell Shireen about gnoll/human wedding secretly and hedge out bets and make that unit heavy faction focus somewhere besides me!

Ah damn they focused too much and now war. Argue argue where are our units? We don’t have enough ships to go yet! Argue bitterness. Find out we have more ships at last minutes because secrets. Mutual destruction! Good enough...still safe.

Build build build hire npcs to build...

Try to avoid war cause resources not going to building.

Brom wants to cast pop growth for you Daene? That’s fine it means I don’t have to and he can have the temple holding that comes with that. I agree to THAT.

Win some winterfests contests. Get insulted. Bitterness rising exacerbated by Azrai blood. Keep promises anyway so far.

Pay for laws to be created and give to Daene.

Lots of shifting of provinces cause strategy... hoping to avoid blood loss whatbwith all the love coming republics way so more switching.

Hey Daene has a city! Wait he let Brom have the city temples? Says I didn’t cast pop growth. I would have but if Brom wanted to that was fine and he got temple level for it. But to give him the sweet city holding and leave mine outside in the slums? Bitterness grows!

Why is your new mount all black Daene? Why you keep so many secrets?! Why not my temple in the city and more money? Why don’t you just marry Brom you bastard!!

Ector leaves! Gryce leaves! Sounds good! Danes seems mad at those two leaving. Better sell my outlying holdings first cause they won’t last long after I leave. Take back laws in a bitch move during ceremony taking them back from gnoll who we had helping us build up during peace but feel justified cause why Brom temple in city?! Azrai blood pumping. Leave Republic.

Made deal for ships before leaving. Winter so long ships still in used to be friendly ports. Threat threats threats back and forth. Lawful versus spirit of deal issues.

Join new team. Ships ships ships! Here comes more war. Retreat ships to join Kragen’s ships and let enemy attack. Invade Brom provinces. Destroy invaders.

Shadow whispers sweet words to me.... okay new friend let’s do it! Need to keep war going so Shadow isn’t focused on... offer to lead the navy. Sacrifice a child to new Shadow friend for a doppelgänger. Haha stupid doppelgänger can’t give war bonuses! Have doppelgänger assassinated so I can research.

Shadow wants to ascend. Make deals with Rhyel and Shireen hoping to hitch a ride with Shadow inside me.

Shadow probably a bastard like all my other so called friends... Assassinate doppelgänger so people let me be hopefully. Gotta have time to research: How to steal Shadow’s power and take it for myself at the moment of ascension so I’m not his bitch forever. Also drop a Shadowgate onto second wave of invaders and act scared of Shadow and as my “new” character plead with enemy for neutrality status so I can make shadow weak enough that it sets up a connection with me as a hideout and then be able to ward my whole province once that happens and fill it up with Shadowgates to give Shadow enough power.

Give Rhyel lots of RP to hasten his ascension since he is closer and plan to help Shireen also as a back up. Still need one of them to give me a ride to heaven. Trying to figure out how to time it all right and not get dead before the payoff.

Always wondering who the other Shadowfriends are. Hope they don’t keep Shadow too strong to make him scared enough to make the connection to me I need to usurp his power.

Spell to empower the usurpation was going to involve killing everyone and everything on Annuvin Island.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:37 pm

Only regret was feeling like I was not fair to Gnolls but was gonna make them happy if I became new Azrai. Or make it up in next game.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:42 pm

I probably forgot a bunch of stuff. Lost track of some stuff when Juan spawned again and in second game stoppage but that’s the gist.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:47 pm

Oh yeah... I liked the Anuire team. Very streamlined and lawful. But always the problem hanging over my head that I was a half elf so wondered when that was going to become an issue and being Azrai blood would have eventually been found out. So there was a ticking clock there.

DB - Diarmuid

Post by DB - Diarmuid » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Daene was sure Shireen was the Shadow Incarnate. She had murdered an elf in cold blood and next time they talked she was basically telling Daene he should become a god too. Daene didn't want to be a good, didn't think anyone was a worthy or good choice for such (later thought Rhyel wouldn't be so bad).

He met the Sea elves and thought 'finally someone decent!' Extensive relations with them (typically two Merc contracts a turn). Met Lady Grey (Lady Nesirie later). Through blood history, realized Lady Gray turned out to be a nasty shadow dragon in the 'future Cerilia.' Worked tirelessly to bring her from LN to NG (threw shrines to her and used Merc contracts to gain holding access for temples for her in Sea Elves area) -- and hoped by doing so could change the future for the better. Wanted a god/goddess to ascend who could be a peaceful sort and take on Masela's role.

Then he began to think the Shadow was Namel, especially after the assassination of Namel (Daene believed body doubles again) and the poor attempt at laying blame on Daene by having a sea Sidhe do it.

Daene had a secret group set up and ensured all sides had crystals. Had a failsafe realm spell developed to shut down all crystal tech (a 'kill switch') if any side tried to over-utilize the crystals against others.

At the end, he really just wanted the 'Master Race' crap ended. He retired the last turn to let Diarmuid, his son, take over. By odd coincidence... Diarmuid I believe kills Arawn in Celtic lore...

And Daene was an ehrshegh with massive sea/water abilities. Towards the end he was considering just going to live with the Sea Sidhe permanently and withdraw from the crap. His son intended to do one better and do an Atlantis and transform the island inhabitants so they could live under water and then submerge the island.

As a player I first believed Shadow Champion was Arawn, but really didn't want that to be the case since it seemed too obvious and played exactly to the many previous iterations of Arawn's previous characters.
"Life is like a bag of cherries, it's pretty good until you bite into the rotten one."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:49 pm

I wasn’t the only shadow. Shadow was hedging his bets too. He hadnt told me who else was a shadowfriend yet. Could still be Shireen. Maybe Corbin too. I think there are 3.

DB - Diarmuid

Post by DB - Diarmuid » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Blah, probably all three people Daene wrote warnings to then LOL
"Life is like a bag of cherries, it's pretty good until you bite into the rotten one."

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:54 pm

I may have messed up calculus on people trying to figure out who was shadow or not on that as well. I saw shadow adventures with awesome loot so I made many of them worse so that I could then solve them bigger and better and have a grander story.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:55 pm

I thought Daene was one until you posted here.