Likely World Area

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Re: Likely World Area

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:11 am

Also TZK was guilder, bors, and LL too..,)
And sidhe didnt wanted too many guilds anyway, and level 1 was optimum for bless
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:26 am

Some people changed what they were playing after they saw maps I think which threw some of the char balance out.

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:11 am

I needed guilder wizard help in the south lol
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:49 am

I didn't want help, and I probably would have been better off creating my own trade routes instead of having Siocce do it, but the game didn't go on long enough for me to do any wizarding. Since Siocce was making guilds anyway, and not getting RP didn't matter since bloodline, not domain size was the cap, I focused on creating law holdings instead.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:57 pm

I think it is important to find a good way to distribute where we start. First I think the amount of players needs to be established and then Juan can see how far apart we will start on the map. Any idea how many will play? Then we bid DP on the order we choose our starting destination. Once we have our starting destination we choose which race/class we play.

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:01 pm

I was going to suggest against bidding for start location, BUT, I've found there are a lot of DP available and the spend options aren't all that great. Especially if you're going to be a short-lived race so buying stats and levels is especially suboptimal.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:58 pm

If we're going with the average of parent stats bonus for kids, having great stats as a short-lived race could be a big benefit in carrying over to kids.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Well, 'big' as in 'approximately 1.5 higher, on average, for the second generation, if you spend 6 DP on your stats'. There's some diminishing returns.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:37 pm

NL - Nyllwn Llyrandor wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:57 pm
I think it is important to find a good way to distribute where we start. First I think the amount of players needs to be established and then Juan can see how far apart we will start on the map. Any idea how many will play? Then we bid DP on the order we choose our starting destination. Once we have our starting destination we choose which race/class we play.
I was with you until the whole choosing race and class part. I'm pretty well set up for a warrior who is going to be a Domain Holder. Where I set down is far less an issue for me. Don't get me wrong, I have a place I'd *like* to call home as my first place, but I'm not going to be incredibly torn up about it if I don't get it.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:57 pm

Well, you can sort of. I am thinking you can "prefer" a start location. And if overlap, it will be an initiative check. And you can buy initiative bonus.