Likely World Area

DM Juan
Site Admin

Likely World Area

Post by DM Juan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:58 pm

South Coast Anuire/Landbridge/Mieres

"Mini Ice Age" under effect, glaciers and permafrost have consumed most of Anuire.

Above is a crude color coded map of terrain, subject to change.

Dark Grey = High Mountain
Light Grey = Low Mountains
Brown = Hills
Pale Yellow = Plains
Green = Heavy Forest
flight_from_the_shadow_1.gif
flight_from_the_shadow_1.gif (24.69 KiB) Viewed 21233 times
15 Plains
12 Heavy Forests
11 Hills [3 Stone, 8 Iron]
4 High Mountains [1 Stone, 3 Iron]
5 Low Mountains [4 Stone, 1 Iron]

Resources:
15 Grain
12 Wood
12 Iron
08 Stone
- 44 Provinces

Potentially:
The 2 small-islands could be added, if we need 2 more provinces based on player-base

(Will also add a bunch of coldness stuff that will reduce max province levels, TBD still.)
Around 40-45 provinces.

Still question around: start like our current game (ie, buy settlers, turn 1 you start to settle), or possibly "bidding" on preferred provinces using DP...

2 Dwarves
2 Orogs
3-4 Goblins
2-3 Sidhe
8-9 Humans (or half-humans, leading humans)
1 Halfling

(updating)

4-7 Warriors?
4-5 Priests?
4-6 Rogues?
3-5 Wizards?

CIC - Duke Cicero

Re: Likely World Area

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:44 pm

Those two heavy forest provinces up top look like a great place for a mad goblin king ...
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:46 pm

:) They do, they do.

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:54 pm

Will some people play the natives and others the colonizers? Will there be race restrictions accordingly?
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:00 pm

Look at all those mountains in the middle of that isthmus. Perfect for dwarves who want to be safe and have nothing bad happen to them ever.

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:07 pm

I call dibs on the three plains between the hills and mountains, couldn't find a better spot ever!!
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:10 pm

Looks like I wouldn't have to bid to get what I'd want!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the eastern river on the land bridge should be there. Besides looking unnatural, it makes it so that all the mountain provinces have a river next to them, which seems to bolster and fortify that area to an extreme. That, and I think instead of the Spider River being connected to the River Maesil through Endier, the map would look better and the course of the game would be more interesting if the two seas were unconnected until and unless an expensive canal was built between those two inlets in the hilly provinces on the land bridge.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:22 pm

Agreed on Endier, will severe river to the north of it, so Endier is joining point of two rivers/seas, but they do not actually connect.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:26 pm

An alternative route for the river in the mountains would be up through the middle of the Peru-shaped forest province and between the middle two low mountains provinces, before stopping. If connecting the mountains to the sea is the goal.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:49 pm

I have no opinion on how to resolve disputes between players over starting locations (if we get to choose at all), though maybe players should be allowed to start together, if they agree that only one of them will be landed to start with.

I'd suggest a system where players spend DP on province 1s, holding 1s (costs double if it doesn't match the character's class, or 1 for 2 0s regardless of class), adjusting terrain in their provinces (with approval), or any of the other things DP gets spent on. A trade route might be an option for a player who has guilds in two provinces of different terrain types to start with, in which case it would come with a free road between them.

This could not only save us several turns of nothing but 'create' actions, it could also let us set the scene for later conflicts, because some players will have holdings in provinces that don't necessarily belong to them or their friends. The in-game explanation would be that the PCs had these things before they made contact with others. Or, possibly, conquered them just a week earlier.

For province levels... Last game, very few (if any) provinces reached their maximums, so if we want this game to be different we'll need most provinces to have maximum levels of less than 3. Half my realm's income last game came from two of my 7 provinces, even though they were 'only' level 3.