Likely World Area

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Re: Likely World Area

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:22 am

Every race has a clear preferred start point. Just randomize(litterally, oh you're an elf, theres 12 forest provides, 1d12=you start there) let everyone start with a province 1 and maybe a very limited # of points.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:31 am

Yeah, that kind of works too. If you intended to be unlanded can always sell your prov to a neighbour... Or maybe tell me in your starting stuff, and you start with 1 level 1 holding and 2 level 0s.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:50 am

Unless a team of 6 players wants to be the humans and give them like 8 provinces against everyone else playing non humans. Maybe reconfigure the mountains on the land bridge a bit so humans can have 2 of each terrain type in a consolidated shape. I vote for Daene, Shireen, Rhyel, Gaelin and 1 or 2 more of their choosing play the humans. They get to plan their DP buys together.

Everyone else plays non humans. Even distribution between Goblins, Orogs, Elves and Dwarves. Maybe some other demi human as well just make sure everyone isn't the same like all elves.

Elves get no temples.
Dwarves have no mages.
Orogs/Goblins limited law and guilds maybe?

Juan gives each non human a sort of historical hatred of other race or races and goals against them with a nice reward to simulate a reason all the natives dont team up to annihilate the interloping humans.

Then just start the game and let player interaction fuel the hatreds and wars and factions like always lol.

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:14 am

I'd prefer a random team then a premade team if the DM were going to set up teams as such.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:26 am

A random team would get slaughtered.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:28 am

I prefer "teams" to develop organically, in game.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:35 am

I do like the start with a Province 1, placed, idea though.

Probably remove settlers, you start with a province 1 of your people. There is some opportunity for growth (probably have 2x #players in provinces roughly), and go from there. Reduce starting points to buy things, that way. And it is a bit easier to deal with people trying to go to same place (since I just randomly assign people to their favored terrain by race). And the "RACE FOR LOW MOUNTAINS!" starts...

Debating whether, for actual playability, if I should dump a low mountain in northern Roesone area instead of all the mountains in a straight line along the land-bridge. Severely restricting stone really helps Sidhelien.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:40 am

yeah should break up that huge mountain chain. What if only one player plays dwarves? Nobody but dwarves can do much with mountains so they have this huge block of provinces that would make them very powerful.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:43 am

Would you consider randomizing the resources, with a bias towards the existing model.
IE: Mountains 70% have stone 30% have Iron, Hills 50% Iron, 25% stone/Grain.
Maybe have a couple super provinces with two resource types?
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:48 am

Only 1 province isn't coastal or river?