The New Old Gods

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Re: The New Old Gods

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 am

Leoda's eldest daughter was her heir and actually was invested as regent about 2-3 turns before that game ended. Her husband was a grandson of Rhoubhe's and they were contemplating warring Tuarhieval to place her Llyrandor husband on that throne. She stayed, she was a Queen and had a kingdom and people to lead, she was a vicious warrior, as befits a true daughter of Fulgar, and she'd have stayed to fight the Cthulu wanna be guys to the bitter end. She was also azrai blooded with death touch..so, who knows how that was gonna turn out. In any event, we'll be in the distant past from Taelshore, so she hasn't even been born yet, and probably never will be.

Leoda was a half elf with great long life, and an Ershegh Cloud Giant with a ton of Air Control powers. She would probably still be around with Adriala saving kingdoms, plundering dragon's lairs and whatever it is a powerful fighter/cleric giant and wizard do together.

Assuming they left before the great diaspora became necessary. She would only have left to give her heirs room to rule, if they were in great danger, she'd have stayed (and died presumably) to protect Svinik and the Taelshore Federation.
Last edited by CI - Charrek Ironfist on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 am

Second daughter? which ever one was supposed to marry Mats.

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:45 am

Not sure how nona vos religion would have gone. Just spirited way. As for wszeboras descendants. Id say theyd be decently spread out
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:49 am

Well, "Nesirie" was the state faith, technically. So probably most Vos end up worshiping her, or the Spirited Way, or Humanists - depending on their alignment/outlooks. But in no way are they restricted from being a Priest of any of the (soon to be) available choices.

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 am

RL - Rhyel Llyrandor wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 am
That was certainly Rhyel's stated reason. In truth - I did not want Shireen down below to mess with things that would result from my ascension and to use her as a cover.

In no particular order...
1) Disrupting the ascension of Corben
2) Dealing with the fallout from Rhyel's method of ascension <--- Let some blame fall on Shireen the racist - you know she would do it!
3) Disrupt the "Llyrandor Elves" or "Rhyelves" (Goblins) from emerging (though IC I did not realize they were going to be goblins - I did realize it would be hugely disruptive to them)

As an aside: I knew who the Shadow Agents were. I had concocted a plan to stillbirth the Shadow during ascension - but I assume that did not occur.
SK didn't really know anything about elves (why else would she think Arawn would be a good choice for "God of the Elves"?), so anything having to do with the elves would go right past her. She only cared about three things:

1) Fighting the Shadow (because she believed it wanted to destroy humanity)
2) Building a human empire (to be able to fight the Shadow/resist the Hegemony)
3) Ascending first (so she could use her "Stairway to Heaven" to open up a passageway through the Shadowlands and help shepherd the souls of the dead to a proper afterlife rather than leaving them trapped in the Shadowlands indefinitely)

As long as Rhyel wasn't trying to undermine those three goals, I don't think she would have cared why else he agreed.

Shireen's means of ascension would have involved draining all the crystals in the world of their energy, so ironically Daene trying to spread crystal tech around would have helped in Shireen's ascension. I'm sure Daene would have been delighted to know that he was directly aiding Shireen in her rise to godhood. ;)
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:18 am

Daene would have flogged himself when he found out! :)

Course if he found out before she used the crystals, he'd have hit the 'kill-switch.'

If he was still alive by the time the Hegemony got rolling, he'd have tried to oppose them but would still have believed all races had an equal right to live peacefully together.

His son wouldn't have cared about the philosophy of any of it and would have just withdrawn Cariele from the world.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

BS - Torpor

Post by BS - Torpor » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:22 am

If the elves worshipping RL´s religion ended up goblins, those of Anwnn that did not would curse themselves for letting temples in, and flee, and their next realm would not under any circumstances allow temples.

I supose Borje´s migth get some slack.. but well, they´d be the first to flee north.
Tor'por
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track,
With poison in my wine cup, and daggers at my back."
- Robert E. Howard

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:12 pm

Oh, wow. I thought it was going to be 300 years. That's still 'enough time'. I guess we've got more than enough.

Seems TN and CN are left on the alignment chart. The (Reformed) Spirited Way is chaotic, even though its deity is TN, so... consider that position filled. There still needs to be a faith for Khinasi paladins, though, so the Old Spirited Way might still exist as a second branch, led by a half-human paladin demigod.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Huh?

LG: Moradin
NG: Nesirie
CG: Olaf's
LN: Shireen
TN: Grand Narratuve
CN: Rhyel
LE: Lords of Law
NE: ???? (Shadow??)
CE: Corbin

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:17 pm

NE is the Dragon-faith of the Hegemony -- which makes sense/balance, since the NG Nesirie faith is also lead by a dragon.
Last edited by WB - Water's Blessing on Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."