The New Old Gods

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Re: The New Old Gods

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:06 pm

You don't have to rebel if you don't want. Your are now rebeling against rebeling.

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:35 pm

And there don't have to be God's for each specific alignment. Many of them cover multiple alignments.

And the paladins of the Sunken Temple would tend to cover 'good' -- whether Chaotic or Neutral or Lawful...up to the individual paladin.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:18 am

Kragen had always considered himself a representative of the people. He tried to be the voice reason while advocating for the prosperity of all through commerce, trade, and development. The need to send so many sailors to their death defending against aggression saddened him. At the end of the active game he had comercial holdings in eight different domains and was looking to expand into others. He prefered peaceful development to confrontation.

Kragen had the long life blood ability. In the long term he had plans to form a small church in True Bargain dedicated to commerce and trade. Having long life, I he was not in a hurry to ascend. With his philosophy and NG alignment he considered Corbin a betrayer that needed to be opposed and probably would be a lesser deity pledged to The Architect.

Kragen would be most like Waukeen from forgotten realms:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Waukeen
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:55 pm

Small Rant from me... I believe there is a significant imbalance between the various domain spells that the different gods have... To the point where all that I see is everyone going for Ryel for the improved bless land.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Several faiths have improved bless land (Architect, Nesirie, Rhyel, even Arawn I think).

Edit Moradin, Rhyel, Corbin, Nesirie, and Mask all do, I thought Architect did but doesn't apparently.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

CBC - Garand

Post by CBC - Garand » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:03 pm

*sniffles as his Monolith-based religion didn't go anywhere... well, mostly because of the Humanists, but... it was a cool and original idea*
Kaigan: Before the ancient flame..
"We grieve."
Kaigan: At this loss..
"We weep."
Kaigan: For the fallen..
"We shout."
Kaigan: And for ourselves..
"We take our leave."

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:31 pm

Now that I have played with them, from a domain power perspective there is a very clear mechanical hierarchy.

1. Rhyel
2. Moradin
3. LARGE GAP
4. Everyone else

Improved bless land and bless land affecting guilds is a major culprit, but Free Academy and source healing are also incredibly relevant. Anyone not playing 1. or 2. is at a significant disadvantage for sure.
Captain Shanol Flint

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:40 pm

I agree with your hierarchy of domain-power. All the religious were designed by players, playing their faiths last game...

However, the calculus is very different if you are a different class
Eg:
Ranger of the Forester is amazing
Paladin of Architect is great for domain level multicultural human lands (language bonus, reduction of cross-race penalty)
Bards of Mats of course as well is really good (almost full wizard casting! at +1 level)

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:41 pm

There are also some cases, eg where yes, bless is weak, but Maintain Armies is available and Dispel Magic (Architect) - very very good realm spells.

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:43 pm

If I was a priest I'd have been Priest of Nesirie, but I'm biased.

All the good spells, none of the pain from those with conceptions about Architect or Arawn. :)
Last edited by MS - Meaghan Smith on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meaghan 'the Smith'