New Wizard and Priest Realm Spells

HW - Halmond Westerly

Re: New Wizard and Priest Realm Spells

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:42 am

BSB - Blue Skull Barons wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:33 am
Just Ideas than can be run with, not much consideration for desirability or balance at this point.

Summons:
Natures ally - Animals units of Levy or Irregular Strength, with bonus based on terrains, a way to get nautical units
Elementals - Strong summoned units with single significant weakness, and a chance to run amok if control is broken.

Transport
Summon Ally / Word of Recall - Unit may be teleported instantly to casting province, at will of unit or caster. Used to avoid a Destroy results, or make unit available from elsewhere on plane (or planes?). Duration until used, CL years, or recast.

Weather Spells
Suns Warmth / Winds Chill - target Province or target units, roll twice for Attrition due to weather using the Best/Worst Result
Bountiful Harvests - Grain requirements met for granaries, Counters some plague/destruction spells, small bonus to settle province (not rule? not stackable with pop growth)

Alterations
Wood to Stone (etc), Greater Alchemy - Target province produces alternate resources for Duration. At high caster level both? or GBs?
Wood Rot - Target building is disabled, and suffers 1d4+1/CL damage in GB construction. If reduced to 0, requires build per rules.

Wards
Alarum - Gain similar benefits of a watchtower or scout to a province, Gain a bonus vs Espionage such as theft, Counter initiative bonus from assassination.

Charms
Inspired Heroics - Levies muster in province are treated at irregulars

Illusion:
Straw Army - Animated effigies appear to be desired army unit to scouting. War Card stat all 0s. Immune to range combat and magic, Automatically destroyed on melee engagement. Dispelled by fire.
Hollow Success - Target Regent & Provinces Generate income as improved bless for first season, with loyalty drop & negative bless in effect season after duration. (negative effect are non magical and cannot be dispelled, but can be countered with bless)

Unique Spells Requiring greater research or plot based material components:
Enchant / Imbue Artifact - Create an artifact or magic item. Adventure rewards<Domain Creation level<DMG quality : Requiring unique research and compponents for each individual item.
Lichdom - Become undead with powerful abilities while maintaining your bloodline and domain, at the cost of gaining XP. (may require creation of phylactery per above suggestion.
Fountain of Youth / Wisdom - individual Gain the benefits of changing one age category lower/higher without penalties.

Ascension - Gain access to a deity domain, and the chance to steal a Portfolio or assassinate the god to seize their divinity.
I love these ideas. Some do seem a bit broken, but that can be rather balanced by having to have high level sources.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:43 am

@HW: Intimidation is attempting to control someone's behavior with a threat. It doesn't matter what form it takes.

Otherwise you're mostly just rambling. I can't have an honest conversation with you if you consider it over the line to criticize you when your conversation becomes dishonest.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:47 am

Thank you for repeating the words that I said. Since I have not told you directly, indirectly, nor have I inferred or implied an action that you should or should not do, you're simply a hypocritical liar when it comes to what people are doing. By all means, chucklefuck, keep going. Your idiocy is a wonder to behold.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:53 am

I can't even tell what you're saying now, unless you're trying to claim that threatening to do your worst if I don't stop 'making personal remarks' (i.e., criticizing you) wasn't a threat. To which I say... huh.

Anyway, no, engaging with you has become a waste of time.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:53 am

AF - Areida Faderan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:40 am
Iceberg Armada. Creates a temporary 'fleet', maximum number of 'ships' equal to caster level. The quality of these 'ships' is terrible--each is like a coaster, but 3 move and 1 unit capacity. Still, they at least can transport units overseas. They melt at the end of the turn. Can't be cast if the air temperature is above freezing.
I could actually see these thing as having a massive amount of hits, but otherwise the worst combat maneuverability stats you could get. Should probably be similar to barge combat wise but less maneuverable.

Not spells, But new ship ideas.
Dugouts > War Canoes > Outriggers. non crewed vessels designed to give unmounted units the ability to cross or travel rivers/coastal/open ocean areas. No combat ability beyond boarding, maybe some missile at second upgrade. Could be carried by ships as unit or cargo.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am

Would definitely be useful while road networks are still being put in place.

DK - Duergan King

Post by DK - Duergan King » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:07 pm

A useful wizard spell would be alchemy but you can produce a small amount of stone etc for building without access to the relevant terrain

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:17 pm

Saemund the Learned wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:07 pm
A useful wizard spell would be alchemy but you can produce a small amount of stone etc for building without access to the relevant terrain
Good idea, with a cost of 4 RP per GB, its quite worthless
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Second making alchemy useful

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:34 pm

Thirded. That's a really solid idea, SL.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."