Things to do?

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Re: Things to do?

Post by TH - The Hunt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:40 pm

Karamhul (Cerilian dwarves) differ from other D&D dwarves in a few respects, with stony skin, jet black eyes, and being twice as dense as anyone else. So they weigh 250-300 pounds even though they're smaller than humans. This makes it virtually impossible for them to ride normal animals (they could use a howdah or chariot, if it was up to the task) and completely impossible for them to swim unaided. For the giant eagle suggestion, they wouldn't be riding them, they'd be using the eagles as scouts. Giant eagles can talk. (I don't know where to find them in 2e, though...)
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:24 pm

RS - Rogr Smith wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:35 pm
Ooo, another thing to do is list Turn 1 due date :)
Definitely this!!
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

CBC - Garand

Post by CBC - Garand » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 pm

HW - Halmond Westerly wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:24 pm
RS - Rogr Smith wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:35 pm
Ooo, another thing to do is list Turn 1 due date :)
Definitely this!!
But he already had the child. What more do you want?
Kaigan: Before the ancient flame..
"We grieve."
Kaigan: At this loss..
"We weep."
Kaigan: For the fallen..
"We shout."
Kaigan: And for ourselves..
"We take our leave."

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:28 pm

Graduation day, class, and how soon we are getting presents.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

CBC - Garand

Post by CBC - Garand » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:31 pm

:) Right you are. Hoped the humor would come across.
Kaigan: Before the ancient flame..
"We grieve."
Kaigan: At this loss..
"We weep."
Kaigan: For the fallen..
"We shout."
Kaigan: And for ourselves..
"We take our leave."

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:58 am

DM Juan wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:06 pm
Can everyone (if you haven't already and maybe even if you have) post on their domain thread (a new post would be ideal), what starting units they have:

eg:
No military unit (+1 settler)
No Longship (+1 Resource)

or

Infantry
Longship

etc
I would very much like the raid rules to be finalized before choosing my starting options. That action seems insanely powerful as is to me with little to no counterplay. Any changes that are being considered are extremely relevant to starting units.
Captain Shanol Flint

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:47 am

True... Though, it isn't that powerful at start because you have 1 unit. And the ideal start unit becomes a scout...

Will update Karamhul/goblin/gnoll/org using endurance instead of ride NWP for scout/marauder units
Goblins use Exotic Riding for WolfRiders.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:21 am

[+] Raid Action
DC: 5 (Base)
- Province Level (Larger provinces are easier to raid as they are richer)
+ (2x Fortification level) + Terrain Defense Modifier (not racial modifier)
- Lowest move in raiding units (The faster the raiding units can move the more likely they are to avoid patrols)
+ Highest move in defending units (Fast moving defenders can catch raiding units)
- # of raiding units with the Scout special (Trained scouts are good at avoiding defenders)
+ # of defending units with the Scout special (Scouts are good at spotting raiders)
+ Watchtower level (Spots incoming raiders)

Note: Max # of units that can raid are 2x Province level.

Success gets you 1GB + 1GB per 5 you succeed by per raiding unit. GB's are stolen from all province/holdings equally with excess theft allocated to Province>Guild>Temple>Law (i.e. 6 GB is stolen, each type of holding loses 1GB (total 4GB) and then the excess is allocated to Province and Guild). You may only steal 1 GB per unit you send.

You may opt to Raid for resources instead. You can gain 1 Resource produced in the province per 5 you beat the DC by, but no more than 1 resource per unit sent. The target loses GB per resource stolen as per the above breakdown. Note: 1 Resource is sufficient to use for a build action, or for a train action (ie, 1 wood could be used to help build a Granary if you have alternative access to stone, or to train 1 archer).

You can raid a trade route. This works exactly as above, except the party that loses the GB is the owner of the trade route. You still attack in a province along the route. You may, if targeting a trade route, raid for any resource that it brings along the chain.

Failure deals 1 hit per amount you fail the action by. You deal no hits to the defenders.

NB: You cannot raid for unavailable GB. Further, if you steal resources and the target(s) do not have sufficient GB to cover the cost of the raid, instead loyalty will drop per unavailable GB.

Each successful Raid lowers loyalty 1 step.
I started trying to write it up, and it keeps getting more cumbersome. The practical starting raid:

DC5 - 1/2 (province level) ... the rest is a wash, because both parties have scouts. DC 4 or DC 3. You are stealing 2-3 GB on average, or 1 resource. And dropping their loyalty.

Is that problematic? Not really...
Sea Raids are just not a thing, otherwise it becomes endlessly complicated. If you want to sea raid, it is more that you come to a province and try to unload raiders. If there is an enemy naval unit, this becomes a naval battle.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:48 am

Obviously capped at actually 1GB... since 1 unit

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:12 am

KIS
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."