Things to do?

DM Juan
Site Admin

Things to do?

Post by DM Juan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 pm

Please add any if you know of discussions but didn't list them here yet (just a quick list so I remember, partially)

Run the pre-turn 1 sheet.
Add any military starting units (or perhaps it really ought to be before pre-game tax phase, for scouting reports, and as a cost of having a unit/ship)
Add any Longships (see above comment, likely potentially move to pre-income generation)
Work out war rules/what are we using? BirBattle, how much can I modify it easily? Re-write war rules if using it, no more levels... etc
Buildings should be done

Note that I updated City Founding. It will take a long while before it is relevant, but just for consistency.
Note that I removed scaling RP/GB bids. It was too confusing, especially on the defensive side, and wasn't working properly as intended.

Things needed to be confirmed at top of Turn Reports:
- How many resource buys do you have?
- How many settlers do you have?

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Re: Things to do?

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Were the rules for Race/Culture/Languages penalties consolidated and clarified?
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Ah yes, that needs to be fixed too - thanks

CBC - Garand

Post by CBC - Garand » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:30 pm

Breeding rules for cross species?
Kaigan: Before the ancient flame..
"We grieve."
Kaigan: At this loss..
"We weep."
Kaigan: For the fallen..
"We shout."
Kaigan: And for ourselves..
"We take our leave."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Any non-listed option results in a sterile child, if any is born. Conception rates would be low.

Exception, probably:
Karamhul-Orogs can breed. Generally they result in either a Karamhul or Orog child (at random)
Sidhe-Goblins can breed. Generally they result in either a Goblin or Sidhe child (at random)

Scholars whisper it is because they are both actually the same races as each other...

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Fixed culture/language/race penalties to be in 1 post and non-contradictory.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Yeah, I'm just anxious to see the unit list so I know what WPs I need. I assume Krake's Company is 'Mercenary Infantry', but who knows...
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Need to assess the ship research. I think everyone will have culturally appropriate ship access. Sidhe/goblins from Annwn/Llyrandor have Anuirean tech. Sidhe/humans from SRF have Khinasi tech. Karamhul have brecht ships

Orogs? I guess, Brecht too?

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Given Karamuhl/Orog tendencies and whatnot, shouldn't they have coaster/barge and that's it? Not exactly known for sailing anything when you dig deep holes in the ground.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:37 pm

RS - Rogr Smith wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:32 pm
Given Karamuhl/Orog tendencies and whatnot, shouldn't they have coaster/barge and that's it? Not exactly known for sailing anything when you dig deep holes in the ground.
Maybe Rjurik / Vos for for them respectively. Worst ships but better than nothing.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"