Frequent Investitures/Holding Swapping

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Re: Frequent Investitures/Holding Swapping

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:36 am

I think we have been too loosey goosey with investiture rules for sure. I like to look at the original rules and if we see a problem, then ask "Would using the original rule help solve this problem" For investitures, yes it would. This recent Haelyn/Makaria/Shaemes/Gaius debacle would have been a total shitshow of massive regency costs that would have prevented the deal.

For Gaius to give take over Makaria's guilds would have been 20ish RP, and for Haelyn to take over Gaius's temples another 25-30RP. That is a steep transaction cost. Haelyn just sold his temples this turn, that would have made AD pay another 30RP or so to take them over. That'd be like 80+ regency flushed down the toilet on pointless realm-swapping shennannigans. It would totally have deterred this (undesirable?) conduct.

Now I hear AD will be transferring some of that to someone else..so another 20-30RP flushed down the toilet. :)
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Yeah, we are implementing it. I was leaning towards 1RP per holding, but based on the recent flurry and planned further flurry...

Starting Turn 20:
Any non-designated heir investiture (via death of regent), will have a 1RP per holding level or province level, cost.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:13 pm

I don't see them as a damper on war-settlements, you just require the loser to pay the RP-cost of said transfer under the peace agreement terms.

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:14 pm

So trade now or forever hold your piece? :)

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:14 pm

Forever hold your holdings, indeed. And if anyone was contemplating making their heir regent, and "retiring" - do it in turn 19...

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:15 pm

DM Juan wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:01 pm
Yeah, we are implementing it. I was leaning towards 1RP per holding, but based on the recent flurry and planned further flurry...

Starting Turn 20:
Any non-designated heir investiture (via death of regent), will have a 1RP per holding level or province level, cost.
So the Anders --> Bors situation, would that incur a cost or no?
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:17 pm

Yes. Retiring would. MOSTLY, because I anticipate abuse of the concept of retiring.

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:25 pm

Good thing I already did it then, and that Bors has long life. Any future whole-realm investiture will be on account of death, not retirement. =)
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:06 pm

LA - Leira Annu wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:36 am
I think we have been too loosey goosey with investiture rules for sure. I like to look at the original rules and if we see a problem, then ask "Would using the original rule help solve this problem" For investitures, yes it would. This recent Haelyn/Makaria/Shaemes/Gaius debacle would have been a total shitshow of massive regency costs that would have prevented the deal.

For Gaius to give take over Makaria's guilds would have been 20ish RP, and for Haelyn to take over Gaius's temples another 25-30RP. That is a steep transaction cost. Haelyn just sold his temples this turn, that would have made AD pay another 30RP or so to take them over. That'd be like 80+ regency flushed down the toilet on pointless realm-swapping shennannigans. It would totally have deterred this (undesirable?) conduct.

Now I hear AD will be transferring some of that to someone else..so another 20-30RP flushed down the toilet. :)
It wouldn't have prevented it, may have changed slightly how some of it was paid for.

And it's only pointless to some -- not to the ones directly involved with holdings :)

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:47 pm

I'd like to see some regency loss and negative events resulting from their horribly confused and panicked subjects.

"The king is dead! Long live the--the--the--uh."
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."