Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:59 am
I heard it was used last game without such an issue/debate
Propably should´v been thou.
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Re: Levying Provinces

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Levying is s free action. I agree with Juan completly that this was not the intention that you can hurt other parties with a free action.

JB - Jontinius Bruin

Post by JB - Jontinius Bruin » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:10 pm

absolutely should not be a part of the game, I balked at the existance of it when I first heard of it on Sunday

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:30 pm

We're still allowed to Blight and Death Plague our own provinces to hurt other regents, though. So you've got a backup plan. Wink.

(...Speaking of which, I think at least one of The Gods should be given the Blight spell. Rhyel and the Forester both have the required sphere, as-is.)
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:36 pm

I don't see any of the gods as a Plagues and Disaster type deity, nor the Crone cursing archetype you would expect for a blight.

Kamoshka is closest as Death. She is more of Anger/Revenge god with a strong philosophy on Death. I see a strong comparison with her and Kali from the Hindu pantheon. A Little of the Poseidon (cruel seas master element too)
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:43 pm

For the Forester I'd explain it as 'if you do not respect the world around you, it shall disrespect you, in return...' For Rhyel I'd explain it as 'OK we're throwing a big party! Everybody come to the temple. If you don't come... pshaw!' And then storms wrack the province outside the temple walls while those inside just get freaky.

With the old Spirited Way, it would have been a straightforward "You have earned the disfavour of the spirits of this land. Perhaps you should sacrifice, and make amends." But, like with everyone else I'm assuming, a priest choosing to have such spells would probably serve as a red flag to other regents, so that was left by the wayside.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:45 pm

BC - King Baron Corbin wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:10 pm
absolutely should not be a part of the game, I balked at the existance of it when I first heard of it on Sunday
I agree -- it's an abusive exploitation of the rules that Juan is right to excise.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:05 pm

BC - King Baron Corbin wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:59 am
I heard it was used last game without such an issue/debate
There was a debate on it when it became known (when Graven levied its provinces for the war). Went along with it to keep the war moving along since it was stated in the rules (but wasn''t clear). Figured it was wrong to change it until next game and then forgot about it.

Definitely didn't like that it reduced holdings permanently though -- very expensive for Graven and took some recovery time I hadn't planned for initially.

BS - Torpor

Post by BS - Torpor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:57 pm

Again, it just would have been nice to know all of the changes that were going to be made to the rules BEFORE we'd started setting up realms, let alone taking turns. Getting blindsided by a rules change after you've got everything going is not a nice feeling.
Tor'por
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track,
With poison in my wine cup, and daggers at my back."
- Robert E. Howard

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:06 pm

It is not possible to have every rule in place before the new round starts. Juan is doing a best as possible and I am amazed how he handel's all the communication. I have been screwed by rule changes as well but I don't complain because it fixes a loophole. A blooded LT could provide 20 blooded LT for the cost of 2 RP each in one investiture. As my kid is grown in 20 turns I will not be able to recruit blooded LT except from events.