Out of Game Teamups

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Re: Out of Game Teamups

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: ME, no, because he knew AF was behind the CST. He literally discussed it with her, before going forward with plans to work with them and her. Then he turned on AF and the CST when others became aware of the arrangement. He likely denied his involvement because he'd have nothing to gain from admitting to it... unless he wanted to make a stand, for once, which of course he didn't.

Re: The no-politics island, that might have worked, if TPK hadn't claimed as many provinces nearby as possible, and as aggressively as possible. (Whether that was intentional or not.)
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Re: Those provinces which were immediately put up for sale? Come on, make the basic connection.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:26 pm

Stick around and learn the rules and experiment and become comfortable with the game. Get to know people. Find your niche. These games have gone on for years. Takes a while to get familiar and find your place. Don't complain because you are new and don't know everything yet. Or because you get whacked. Adapt and learn and get better. All the other Birthright games failed and died. Don't complain about this one. You want a Birthright game to play? YOU adapt to it. It does not need to adapt to YOU.

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:30 pm

FvD - The Hansa wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 am
Also - I made no pre game plans with anyone. SST had no guilder so in the final round of holding placement an arrangement was made. The humans flanking me were flanking me - I picked location really late. It was effectively the only place I could secure wood and plains which were my primary choice requirements.
My OOC apologies in that case. Juan has backed up your claims as well. Four core players allied last game tearing out of the gate hyper optimized this game made me suspicious but I appear to have been wrong.

Agreed that this discussion should be less about any alleged pregame alliance this game, and more towards our policy and handling of the potentiality in our future games.
Captain Shanol Flint

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:30 pm

TPK - The Pirates wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:25 pm
Re: Those provinces which were immediately put up for sale? Come on, make the basic connection.
Yes... in other words, you created a 'non-political domain' which had to immediately deep-dive headfirst into the most heated and difficult of all politics--a dispute over land rights and 'traditional territories', on turn 1. You didn't want politics, so you created a balkanized map region around you. I am seeing the connection alright.

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:33 pm

You can see whatever you wish to, we already had the discussion about how most see the sky is blue, yet you keep seeing fuchsia or something else.

Have fun, get the tinfoil hat ready, and otherwise keep a watch on the conspiracy channels. :)

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:37 pm

Quit gaslighting, most of us are getting sick of looking at your fuschia sky.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:46 pm

Humans have an optimization advantage, as I have said in prior games. Forcing single class, means they have no impediment to coordination... once they were established and allowed to discuss, planning to coordinate just made sense.

PB - Captain Paul Burchill

Post by PB - Captain Paul Burchill » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:35 pm

Speaking as one of the little realms surrounded by an opening alliance, I have to admit that I am rather concerned about things here. I know I've had to alter my plans for things signifigantly from where I was when I first started.
Captain Paul Burchill
Head Spokesman for the Sunset Sails Trading Confederation.
First Citizen of New Medina Alamier

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Join us as pirates! We will raid the seas! Plunder the oceans! Chase the mermaids!

But yeah -- with all those mountains up in the northeast, definitely ran some risks with a Karamuhl infestation. I'd recommend purchasing some Karamuhl Remover at your local wizard shop soon! Supplies are limited, so act now and you can get not just one -- but TWO Karamuhl Removers for the price of one! And if you respond in the next 30 seconds, we will even throw in a small sample of our new Karamuhl Skewer -- perfect for those fireball grillings that we all love to have!