Questions

TPK - The Pirates

Re: Questions

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:31 am

I can easily see the XP confusion. Most people are checking the Rules thread for current rules and it was just missed in transfer.

I added the current XP table as well as the espionage changes to the main rules thread.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:35 am

A rules changelog would be useful.

Everytime there is a ruling add it to the thread.

Edit defunct rules with a
Strikethrough
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:35 am

RM - Ragrum Mithrilhand wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:54 am
I expect everyone to tell Juan if something obvious is wrong in the game.

Also Im not really sure where this came from. The only thing I asked was a question if you get XP when you fail an action, cause my LT leveled when he failed an action, a question that had nothing to do with you. And you start a Monologue about something completely not related and somehow feel offended.
Some people are aggravated at other people and it's spilling over. You walked into a crossfire basically.

Hopefully everyone has come out unscathed. :)

LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell

Post by LMC - Lord Mayor Cowell » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:52 am

What would be useful would be to not write anything not rulerelated in this this thread. If there wasent 10 posts to scroll through to get every post actually talking about rules, it would be way easier to check for old rulings instead of asking again.
Lord Mayor Cowell VI

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:33 pm

Py - Pyroneous wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:29 am
a bunch of words strung together
AF was never 'doomed', and the others who ganged up on her--for petty reasons, I might add--are responsible for the consequences of their own (overre-)actions.

The only thing I forced them to do was to pay a price--and less than a fair one, even!--for their failure to compromise and/or communicate. Yes, doing this has been a pattern for me since the war between WZ/NS and GD/SK, but it's not because the way I play is insane. It's because some of you--GD and SK's players not included, I will note!--have this double standard, where the way you play can be insane, and that's just 'good roleplaying' or your right as a player, but when someone else, especially me, does anything you don't like--especially if it threatens your ego--you immediately skip a few DEFCON levels down, and refuse to ever raise it again until and unless you've been completely humiliated. The consequence of that behavior? Conflicts like the one we have, now.

Your attempts to assert your own bullshit, half rose-/half jade-tinted version of reality, as if it were all true and all that there is, through sheer force of will and belief, and the illusion of a majority consensus around you, are easy for me to see as what they are, and I should hope others can see that as well. But even if you successfully manipulate and delude everyone else into sharing your delusion, or at least fearing that you might be right, it still won't give you the comfort and safety you want. Some things just aren't subject to being altered by willpower or social pressure. How much fun people are having is one of those things.

There's always a danger of people getting sick of this game and deciding not to participate anymore if they don't find it enjoyable, and that includes the DM. You can't take it for granted that this will never happen. All things end, and raging like you've been doing is not making you entropy's foe. Try having some respect for those who think differently from you, even when you disagree with them. You should find it helps you achieve more than you possibly could from demonizing them, or deploying your nuclear options.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:38 pm

AF was doomed, and clearly (after now having HK and EV indicate they provided resources to help keep her afloat) would have been gone long before.

She was a proxy/patsy being used.

This is all old hat though. Let's move along :)

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:51 pm

Yes, let's move along right after you add to the misinformation that's keeping your delusionboat floating.

HK provided two ships, which were never used to benefit AF because RS chased them off the map. EV provided resources for a few turns in the mid-game, but those were just used to increase the size of AF's fleet, which never ended up being used. You're scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to look for ways to salvage your existing views. And you're not keeping it private, because you want everyone else to have their heads stuck in the same sand you do.

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:59 pm

You brought it up again, just putting some -- not all the rest of the context in.

For example, I could have put in that RS never dedicated actions to removing AF, although he certainly advocated for such by those neighboring with AF.

At the end of the day, your view on things will never jibe with the reality most saw. Rehashing this pointless.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:11 pm

No, Sam brought it up, in the post I was quoting/paraphrasing.

You don't even have most of the context, so what's your excuse?

Your bragging is beside the point.

At the end of the day, the truth is more important than what people perceive. You've been very successful at convincing yourself and others not to look or find out, and it's led others to think too highly of you, but relying on yourself and others not being able to see, know, or understand what really happened, or why, just because the lies are convenient and empowering, makes you and them unable to make good predictions, or cope with factors outside your control. (Which explains the ridiculous amount of effort you put into trying to keep as many factors as possible inside your control.)

Even if you can keep your stories straight (or keep others from looking too closely at them), eventually it comes back to bite you--and in any case, it doesn't get you the best results, so you give those with greater awareness an advantage over you.

What will come from all this? Who knows, or cares. But let's at least find out in game, instead of watching you experiment with it, OOC, on the whole community. Which I'm obviously going to keep pushing back against indefinitely.

TPK - The Pirates

Post by TPK - The Pirates » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Yawn.