News Post Encouragement

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Re: News Post Encouragement

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:42 am

A post that is explaining any change in socail standing or economics that effects the people to a large degree, shifts in the nobility, issues or achievements overcome. i would also be up for more collaberated news articles, such as if some one uses an diplomacy action to visit some ones lands they could do a post that is their peoples opinions on the state of the realm.
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:43 am

Maybee have everyone make a post of their character. Does not need to be to much but I did not even know what half the players had as professions and if they where the same race as population in their provinces. I made a post once my cathedral was finished as it was something unusual for a guilder to invest in. After that I admit I have been silent in the forum on the RP side.

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:43 am

Well, since we've never met, and never heard of each other, there shouldn't be any common info for quite a while in new game.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:49 am

The first 5 turns there should not be to much interaction I agree but after there should be some encuragement. Not revealing anything gives you an advantage. Then again just making things up to fool people is that something we want to encourage?

CIC - Duke Cicero

Post by CIC - Duke Cicero » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:49 am

Playing as a non-domain, itinerant wanderer this time, I intend to post a lot of RP stuff. There was a mercenary adventurer back in the Taelshore, I think, who used to write up pretty good accounts of their adventures. Forget the name, or who played them, or whether that player is still here.
Duke Cicero
Mayor of Salviene

A man so deep, he's almost unfathomable!
A man so quick, he's even fast asleep!

SG - Sigrun Godefroy

Post by SG - Sigrun Godefroy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:51 am

I agree at the start, but when you make a post about your first interaction it's going to be from your point of view, it takes a lot of work, but I think personally i'll allow people to make reasonable posts on my own thread , or at least open them up a bit more, that way there's more player interaction.
Sigrun Godefroy warrior of Hircine

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:51 am

MD - Mishrak wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:30 am
A Spy Ring doesn't prevent spies - it allows you a free action espionage that you can use to find spies. One can hide spies from the inquisitive with enough resources spent on it. I had put about 600 in counter-espionage more or less by the end of the game.

Yea I know it does not prevent it. I was using the espionage action to try to find spies in our capital.

So did you have a spy in our forum?

HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr

Post by HaQ - Hakim al-Qadr » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:53 am

Yes. And in Rune. And in MZK - but he bid a lot and got rid of them so I was going to retaliate by getting rid of his in Thuringwode.
Turn to Avani before you return to Avani
Hakim al-Qadr
Mayor of Barniere

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:59 am

Just as a general point, if you fail to detect someone's spies, I am not going to tell you, you failed. I am going to say you succeeded in finding normal stuff, and found no spies.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:02 pm

MD - Mishrak wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:53 am
Yes. And in Rune. And in MZK - but he bid a lot and got rid of them so I was going to retaliate by getting rid of his in Thuringwode.
I was wondering about that. I was doing espionage province every turn to sweep for spies in Rune.

How is that mechanic supposed to work? Was there a bidding mechanic I didn't see?
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"