DM Juan
Site Admin

Re: Kn Rule Feedback

Post by DM Juan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:56 pm

Removed the auto-temple increase from Population Growth

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:10 am

It would be a better tradeoff if rule province wasnt just miles ahead of everything else you could do, definitely agree there. Dont want to create a haves/have nots situation either.

Also we should look at the plague event if we want to make bless less mandatory.
Captain Shanol Flint

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:23 am

Could just make pop growth only do a restoration effect that is castable any season but only works for pillaged or death plagued provinces to restore lost levels. This will slow down province growths as regents will have to try multiple times for the pluses to the attempt per try.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:26 am

Could have settlers be burned 1 per +1 bonus to Rule attempt.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:30 am

Might be too late to change the balance for this game, but higher costs or DCs could reduce the return on investment. It could also be possible to just limit the maximum province level spread, instead of having every province be capable of reaching level 6 for somebody.

(I've never ruled a province above level 3, but it looks like I was getting ready to do that in Diaspora I the turn the game ended... though, I think it was only so I could build level 5 buildings. A Granary II was being built even before the Granary I had started seeing use.)
[+] Turn 28 of Diaspora I, for the curious
| Realm | Regent | Province | Law | Temples: | Guilds | Sources |
| Serpent River Federation | SC | Salire - CN ( 3 / 7 ) [2] | SC(3) | NS(1) | SC(3) | { MD(5) } |
| Serpent River Federation | NS | Anchead(S) - CN ( 2 / 6 ) [1] | NS(0) | NS(1) | SC(2) | { MD(3) } |
| Serpent River Federation | NS | el-Kalar - TN ( 2 / 4 ) | GD(2) | SK(2) | SC(2) | { MD(3) } |
| Serpent River Federation | NS | Greaghan - NG ( 3 / 6 ) [3] | NS(3) | NS(3) | NS(1) | { NS(1) } |
| Serpent River Federation | NS | Garrandais - NG ( 2 / 7 ) | NS(1) | NS(1) | SC(2) | -- |
| Serpent River Federation | NS | Trinann(S) - NG ( 3 / 8 ) [2] | NS(3) | NS(3) | NS(1) | { NS(1) } |
| Serpent River Federation | NS | Binnlaith - TN ( 1 / 9 ) | NS(1) | -- | -- | -- |
| Serpent River Federation | NS | Cymaun - NG ( 3 / 8 ) | NS(1) | -- | SC(2) | -- |
| Rzeczpospolita Polska | WK | Mazowieckie - LN ( 3 / 3 ) | DB(3) | SK(2) NS(1) LN(0) | SC(3) | { SL(3) } |
| Rzeczpospolita Polska | WK | Camlann(S) - LN ( 1 / 5 ) | NS(0) | NS(0) | SC(1) | { MD(1) } |
| Serpent River Federation | SC | Siocce's Preserve - CN ( 3 / 7 ) [2] | SC(1) | NS(0) | SC(3) | { MD(6) } |
I strongly oppose anything that allows lost province levels to be 'restored' more easily than the original growth. It makes destruction less serious, and if anything it should be more serious (like, by making growth more difficult in the first place).
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

AaH - Avicerra al Hamam
King

Post by AaH - Avicerra al Hamam » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:31 am

DM Juan wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:43 pm
I have updated/upgraded a few realm spells on the Priest side, to make the more desirable. Since the way the faith-set up works severely limits the # of Divine spells, they need to be more balanced between themselves as to their power level.

I actually don't disagree with the idea of limiting each spell to 2-3 faiths. You have to be strategic on which spells you take, and when, and forces faiths to not all be copies of each other.
Can you tell us which so we dont have to read through all of them?

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:38 am

Bless Army, Bless Holding, Holy War, True Believer.

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:48 am

For Holy War, can they be used in same action created offensively? Defensively?
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:55 am

Yes

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:01 am

Sphere: War
4th-level caster
Regency: Equal to GB cost
Gold: Muster+Train Cost
Required Holding: 3
Duration: 1 domain turn, +1 action/3 levels
The realm spell holy war allows a priest to muster already trained troops. You can muster up to half your level in units, and may spend 2x your level in Training Points to upgrade them. The army costs what they normally would have to muster and train up, plus 1RP per unit. After the duration of the spell, the units return home (are disbanded). They can be used immediately for both defensive and offensive wars.

Examples:

Level 10
Max 5 Units
20 Train Points

5 Levies -> Irregulars = 5 TP
5 Irregs -> Infantry = 10 TP
1 Infantry -> Medium Infantry = 4 TP

So you could muster-summon 1 Medium Infantry and 4 Infantry at level 10.
Compared to Summoning:

---

Summoning
(Conjuration/Summoning)
Duration: 1 Turn + 1 Action/level
You gain 2 summoning points per caster-level; each Gnoll Irregular = 3 points, each Orog Infantry = 5 points, each Stonecrown Ogre = 8 points
Cost:
1RP per 2 summon points, plus 1RP per 2 units (2 Stonecrown = 16pts, and 2 units == 9RP; 6 Irregulars = 18pts, and 6 units == 14RP)
1GB per 4 summon points, plus 1GB per 2 units (2 Stonecrown = 16pts, and 2 units == 5GB; 6 Irregulars = 18pts, and 6 units == 8GB)

(Though I will probably revert it, but haven't updated it yet)

Level 10 = 20 Points
4 Orog Infantry
The summoned units are cheaper, but you get slightly less of them.

That seems relatively balanced
---
Summoning
(Conjuration/Summoning)
Regency: 4RP/unit
Gold: 2GB/unit
Duration: 1 Turn + 1 Action/level
Using a powerful summoning spell, a wizard creates an army to do his bidding. At third level, a Wizard can summon 2x Gnollish Irregulars, at sixth level she could summon 2x Orog Infantry or Archers, or 4 Gnollish Irregulars, and at 9th: 2 Stonecrown Ogres, or 4 Orogs, or 6 Gnolls. At 12th, 4 Stonecrown Ogres, 6 Orogs, or 8 Gnolls.The army is available to defend where they are summoned the action they are summoned, but cannot move until the following action.

Old summoning.
10th level would also net you 4 Orog Infantry.