Kn Rule Feedback

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Re: Kn Rule Feedback

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:15 pm

DM Juan wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:11 pm
"Faith Swapping"

Thinking of imposing a "1 turn per Tier of current faith" cooldown before you can reassign your Shrines/Temples to a new faith.
Maybe allow it without cool down if both parties agree.
Maybe allow investiture to override a cooldown.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:22 pm

Consent of the God being left, perhaps. I don't think an investiture, unless it is with the God being left - let out by divestiture from the faith, or something.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:27 pm

Can you join a faith without the consent of The God?

I think, no.

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:28 pm

I am persuadable by a good argument on this point, it just seem gamey.

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:35 pm

What is the current abuse case we are trying to avoid?
Captain Shanol Flint

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:43 pm

Oh, it depends on how faiths work. If the faiths are basically known to all, it doesn't matter. Stealth-joining every faith in the game to game out what their particular spells, form takes, is what I was envisioning as an abuse mechanism.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:44 pm

I thought maybe me? I have been selling the 'rededicate at any time' rule as a no risk for dedicating to my faith until you find something that they really want to support.

If it's the God making the determination, then maybe difference in Tiers. It would make sense IG for the rule change. It takes away some of the power shrineholders have over the faith they support.

In the theoretical case of a religious schism, creating two faith of the same god. It would be nice to see shrineholders be able to switch from an orthodox to reform faction allowing a new high priest to sieze the Faith's development.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:46 pm

Or swapping to the growth faith in summer, then back to the econ faith for the other 3 seasons? Then war faith for the invasion?
Captain Shanol Flint

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:48 pm

Yeah

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:51 pm

It's an interesting question because usually faith is very securely tied to characters/backgrounds but the concept of the campaign is that that is not the case. Everyone has to find the God that works best for them and some swapping should be expected, maybe even encouraged.

Perhaps a cooldown is a good way to ensure when people do switch it's for good RP reasons, not cycling mechanics around optimally.
Captain Shanol Flint