Poll: New Game

Are you ready to move on to the next chapter and start a new game?

Yes, everything I wanted to work on is complete.
22%
Yes, but there were minor things I wished to resolve.
44%
Yes, but there were still major things I wished to resolve.
6%
We're in a game?
No votes
No, but I had most of the things I was working on resolved.
6%
No, and there are major issues I am still workingn on resolving.
22%
HELL NO! You can't end my plotting yet!
No votes

Total votes: 18

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Re: Poll: New Game

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:31 pm

MF - Morcuan the Fay wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:23 pm
Two of many ways you're a blatant jackass for even trying to do this:

1) 13 is at most half of the player count. If we moved on with 9 players, the game would never be the same.
2) You didn't ask who wanted a new game, you asked who was ready for it (without defining what that meant).

You're trying to force players to submit to something they may not want by trying to convince them they already want it, and have no other option. Ass. <------ GOOD LORD! There are children who read these things! POTTY MOUTH!

Stop gaslighting and listen to your own advice.

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:32 pm

MF, your response was lacking in a multitude of ways.

Because you seem to continue to miss the key points, I will reiterate them again for you.

[+] For MF
Many are ready to move on. Some are not.

In the end, Juan will decide whether to end the game or start a new one. My preference is a new one of course. Yours is that he continues the old one.

Nothing has changed in either of our perspectives and I stayed they would not change either at the beginning of this thread. I appreciate your willingness to show that there have been no surprises/changes in your position.

Keep on keeping on, I agree to disagree with you. :)
As an aside, I have no ability to force players to do anything. I actually believe they each have the intelligence to decide for themselves where they stand on this and the agency to indicate such either in the poll, in the discussion, or to Juan.
Last edited by TF - The Fortress on Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:35 pm

John, if everyone had been ready to move on to the next game on Turn 5 does that mean the game would abort? No, because that would be bullshit. No amount of intimidation or persuasion from you is going to make it any less bullshit for you to make the same argument now in the middle of Turn 26.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:40 pm

Where is the intimidation? You think he's gonna Tron into someone's house and do violence? I think with some of the words and accusations you throw out at whoever it is you are arguing with on a particular day that you have issues in your real life and are placing these attributes of bullying and intimidation on someone online where you feel safe confronting them because they are not the actual person in your real life who actually DOES intimidate you and bully you. There are places you can go for help.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:43 pm

No, he''d just pretend he has some kind of authority again.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:51 pm

Technically, it's intimidation when someone says "Acshually, I read that shugar gives you cansure and goat's milk is better for you, so I think I should prepare this bowl of sheareal." It doesn't have to be scary or effective, it just has to be an attempt to deter by fear. Even if it's as banal as a fear of not knowing as much about trivia as the other person.

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:57 pm

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:35 pm
John, if everyone had been ready to move on to the next game on Turn 5 does that mean the game would abort? No, because that would be bullshit. No amount of intimidation or persuasion from you is going to make it any less bullshit for you to make the same argument now in the middle of Turn 26.
This almost happened in Taelshore v1.0. Fulgar wiped the board with everyone in Turn 1 and there was a serious consideration for a new game or a reboot. I advocated for playing through the whupping we had taken (pillage rules were adjusted to ensure future iterations wouldn't run into the same thing -- similar adjustments mid-turn/action happened with chained Death Plagues being unleashed in Kraken game).

Had we restarted or begun a new game, I'd have been fine with that too. I enjoy playing from a disadvantage.

The difference between the apples (Turn 5 that you speak of) and the bananas (Turn 26 currently) is about a year of playing, 20ish turns of development and actions, and the resolution of critical points within the meta-plot.
[+] For MF

In the end, Juan will decide whether to end the game or start a new one. My preference is a new one of course. Yours is that he continues the old one.

Nothing has changed in either of our perspectives and I stayed they would not change either at the beginning of this thread. I appreciate your willingness to show that there have been no surprises/changes in your position.

Last edited by TF - The Fortress on Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:00 pm

The similarities outweigh the differences despite your attempts to spin it otherwise.

If you enjoy playing from a disadvantage, why haven't you been doing that?

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:01 pm

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:51 pm
Technically, it's intimidation when someone says "Acshually, I read that shugar gives you cansure and goat's milk is better for you, so I think I should prepare this bowl of sheareal." It doesn't have to be scary or effective, it just has to be an attempt to deter by fear. Even if it's as banal as a fear of not knowing as much about trivia as the other person.
Using that as an example for intimidation means you should probably also add in it is intimidating when someone leads off with 'Technically' or any other similar thing which establishes clarity and precision in a statement.

[+] For MF

Last edited by TF - The Fortress on Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:02 pm

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:00 pm
The similarities outweigh the differences despite your attempts to spin it otherwise.

If you enjoy playing from a disadvantage, why haven't you been doing that?
I did and have been :)

[+] For MF

The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!