Poll: New Game

Are you ready to move on to the next chapter and start a new game?

Yes, everything I wanted to work on is complete.
22%
Yes, but there were minor things I wished to resolve.
44%
Yes, but there were still major things I wished to resolve.
6%
We're in a game?
No votes
No, but I had most of the things I was working on resolved.
6%
No, and there are major issues I am still workingn on resolving.
22%
HELL NO! You can't end my plotting yet!
No votes

Total votes: 18

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Re: Poll: New Game

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:57 pm

How do you know that? This game hasn't ended yet, so we don't know how it's going to end. I'm just playing the odds. Every other game so far has ended with a sudden catastrophe. The Sundering. The exit through the portal. The volcano exploding. The exit through the portal WITH the volcano exploding.

Anyway, yes, got it, you were using 'MF' to refer to a new character I would hypothetically make in a future game, assuming I was satisfied with how this game ended and not extremely concerned that any hypothetical future game would end the same way as the other four. So, I guess this must be in a scenario where this game does not end that way.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

TF - The Fortress

Post by TF - The Fortress » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:03 pm

Sure, whatever you say boss :)
The Fortress!

Morwe of Cuiraécen

Face each day like a storm;
Respect it;
Fear it;
Endure it;
Thrive in it!

LK - Lady Katrijn

Post by LK - Lady Katrijn » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:14 am

Wow, so many posts, so much strife. Really wish people, all of them, would tone down their hostilities. Looks like everyone get so argumentative over their points, trying to desperately prove they are right and others are wrong, rather than simply post their opinions on the state of the game and the potential of a new one. I mean we have 112 posts and 90-100 are from the same 3 people continually bickering over things. I'd honestly love to keep track of things, hear what other players have to say, but it is instead a mudslinging contest and anything constructive said by other players end up being drowned out, so many players probably miss it in the chaos.

To be honest, I do not know how close the game is to being done or not. It does feel like we have passed or are about to pass the final big thing. I might be wrong, Juan may have lots of more major plots for us to deal with, but the entities that we have been dealing with from the beginning of the game, callings, the random undead and pirates, those matters are resolved or nearing resolution. Gods are ascending, a new pantheon take shape. It feels like something in the final act of a movie, book or a play, and my character/domain was more of an extra or supporting actress in the bigger picture. Now it feels like a few turns for writing the end of the story. It definitely does not feel like we are halfway, more that we are in the final leg.
---

Katrijn the Crimson Blade
Mayor of Hamein

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:49 am

JbH - Jasmina wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:14 am
Wow, so many posts, so much strife. Really wish people, all of them, would tone down their hostilities. Looks like everyone get so argumentative over their points, trying to desperately prove they are right and others are wrong, rather than simply post their opinions on the state of the game and the potential of a new one. I mean we have 112 posts and 90-100 are from the same 3 people continually bickering over things. I'd honestly love to keep track of things, hear what other players have to say, but it is instead a mudslinging contest and anything constructive said by other players end up being drowned out, so many players probably miss it in the chaos.

Totally agree.

Especially since this is not the first but probably 10th thread that has been hijacked by the same 2 persons nonsense.

HBH - Bloodmage

Post by HBH - Bloodmage » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:49 am

JbH - Jasmina wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:14 am
This is a factor in my engagement declining as well. When I have to scroll through pages of argument and childish pics, then I find myself spending less time here.
Bloodmage

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:29 am

If it isn't person 1 arguing with person 2, its person 1 arguing with person 3, or person 1 arguing with person 4. There is a common denominator to the arguing.
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:04 am

FTC - Au wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:29 am
If it isn't person 1 arguing with person 2, its person 1 arguing with person 3, or person 1 arguing with person 4. There is a common denominator to the arguing.

I don't see it that way. There are always 2 sides in a discussion.... And its bad for the game. And it is and has always(In past threads/seasons) mostly been between Riva and MF.

I wish they would just NEVER respond to each other again outside the game.

In the game they can flame each other as much as they like, since I would not have to be part of that.

CSF - Flint

Post by CSF - Flint » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:18 am

Always takes 2 people for there to be a murder as well. One of them is the victim however. The evidence for a common element a number of murders we tend to call a serial killer, and we dont blame their victims for it.

A gangbanger keeps breaking into walled neighbourhoods and then gets into arguements with security, we dont say 'it took two people' we point our fingers at the person who is causing the issue over and over and over again.

At some point we have to lay blame on the antagonist who cannot help but post the opposite of anything her victims decide to post. Like clockwork. Check back on my public posts for the last 5 years and you will find most of them have something contrarian and hostile from Crazy Amy afterwards.

I have made a point to ignore her and not address her directly after she started provably lying out of character, but it hasnt stopped her from going out of her way to harass me. Extending into metagame decisions in game. It is not OK, and defending her behaviour is encouraging more of it.
Captain Shanol Flint

RaH - Rassan al Hamam

Post by RaH - Rassan al Hamam » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:45 am

Maybe 1 is the victim, but Im not not laying blame on 1 person Im laying blame on both for having those insane long discussions -about who cares what- in public threads, and hijacking those threads by doing that. They can talk to each other on private all they want...

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:46 am

Your examples don't include lynching by a mob, but they certainly bring it to mind.

Sam and Rich are the ones who enjoy, initiate, and repeat blatant trolling and derailment tactics. I respond to them. That doesn't mean I'm causing the problem. Ignoring them doesn't make it go away, either, otherwise I'd still be doing that.

John has that thing about trying to win every discussion with subtler trolling and gaslighting, and he's got a lot of help manipulating people into believing the lies he tells. Especially when the others keep jumping in with their sniping and bomb-throwing. I'm pretty sure they do that as a tactic to stop people from reading the things I post, since they seem to do it a lot more after posts they could be particularly afraid other players might take to heart.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."