Topic: Demi Humans too good

DM Juan
Site Admin

Re: Topic: Demi Humans too good

Post by DM Juan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:29 pm

Nah, easier = better generally. Just generically having Academies be "formative" rather than "ongoing" is easier, and probably makes more sense anyway. I will also reduce the # of classes an Academy can produce, to encourage people to want to go to different academies for different characters/lieutenants/heirs.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:33 pm

Sounds good.
DB - Diarmuid wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:15 pm
Can also leave GBs from adventures at same level, just charge .5 to 1 GB per LT beyond the first per turn as upkeep. Those who wish to maintain large retinues of LTs have higher costs to go with the ability to do adventures without drawing in other regents.
Regents don't really get to decide how many lieutenants they should have. There's a lieutenant limit based on charisma and bloodline abilities, and it's the foremost reason those abilities matter.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

DB - Diarmuid

Post by DB - Diarmuid » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:37 pm

They decide how many to keep around.
"Life is like a bag of cherries, it's pretty good until you bite into the rotten one."

CI - Charrek Ironfist

Post by CI - Charrek Ironfist » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:19 am

This is what my turn notes on my heirs was looking like
"Turn 12: Graduated School
Turn 18: Graduated Grymnasium, gain x spells, level 1
Turn 19: 16000XP Gain 4 spell levels library Gain 2 1st, 4 2nd level spells
Turn 20: 16000XP Gain 6 spell levels library gain 4 3rd level spells
Turn 21: 16000XP Gain 6 spell levels library
Turn 22: 16000XP Gain 8 spell levels library Gain 2 4th level spells
Turn 23: 20000XP Gain 8 spell levels library
Turn 24: 20000XP Gain 10 spell levels library
Turn 25: 20000XP Gain 10 spell levels library
Turn 26: 20000XP Gain 10 spell levels library"

Oh, and I had like 35 kids...
Lord Mayor Charrek Ironfist | Charrek.Ironfist@mail.com
Stormpriestess Khalia Ironfist

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:46 am

Yikes. I don't think even my regent ever learned spells from a library. And NS only had two children that were half-human and therefore in play.

YK - Yuri Khavlor
King

Post by YK - Yuri Khavlor » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Last Game humans got +1 DP, if they are still inferior that bonus can be increased.

Or give them priority starting location. It would reduce interracial harmony if the dwarves and elves showed up and all the good homes were being broken down to make roads.
YK - Yuri Khavlor
Lord Mayor of Lyssan
“Nature is not cruel, but pitilessly indifferent. The hardest lesson for one to learn, is to admit that things might be neither good nor evil, but simply callous -- indifferent to all suffering"

DM Juan
Site Admin

Post by DM Juan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:22 pm

Yup, they did. Could add another +1 DP for single class characters. So humans get 2 automatically, Goblin-Fighters (say) would also get 1.

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:31 pm

DM Juan wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:29 pm
Nah, easier = better generally. Just generically having Academies be "formative" rather than "ongoing" is easier, and probably makes more sense anyway. I will also reduce the # of classes an Academy can produce, to encourage people to want to go to different academies for different characters/lieutenants/heirs.
This makes great sense to me. It allows not only for countries/kingdoms etc to have their own, but it also somewhat paves the way for more grand structures that might have either greater numbers of classes they can train, or train to higher levels, etc.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

JB - Jana Boulderbrew
King

Post by JB - Jana Boulderbrew » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:26 am

I thought it was wrong that the turns when I did an adventure action with my LT I gained much less xp than the zero risk sitting around in an academy. When adventuring there is a risk of death. That risk should be rewarded with better XP.

The war mercenary adventures were overpowered. There should be some reward based on the risk to self and your troops, but risk of death of troops should not go down with tier of troops. You already get more income from the higher Tier you should not have a double bonus of less risk.
"Success is measured in blood, yours or your enemies."

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:28 am

Yeah, I think we're just not going to have either of those mechanics (sending lieutenants to academies or armies to off-map wars) going forward. There's no native factions to hire mercenaries in this area, anyway.