New Wizard and Priest Realm Spells

WM - The Waste Mage
King

New Wizard and Priest Realm Spells

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:56 pm

This is for brainstorming ideas for new realm spells. Try to make them original and not a slight variation of an existing spell. Wizard realm spells have 13 about sources and key lines that have never been used.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Re: New Wizard and Priest Realm Spells

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:59 pm

Mount Deismaar Eruption
Requires: Source 10
Description: Self-explanatory.

Joking aside, I think most of the room for new spells is at the high end.
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WB - Water's Blessing
King

Post by WB - Water's Blessing » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:16 pm

For priest realm spells, I've always thought there should be (at least) 1 realm spell for each sphere.
WB - Temple of the Water's Blessing

"You can be forgiven, if you make amends..."

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:18 pm

What about a realm spell sized Banish Spell?

Effective against summoned undead (not effecting those raised by the fallen, just those that come in through portals), preventing them from being ported into a province, or for those already in the province, banishing them back into the Shadow.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
this day shall gentle his condition.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Ward Realm has a similar effect.
[+] From the description
The single alignment chosen by the casting priest is affected in the following ways:

·All attacks made by creatures of the target alignment within the affected provinces suffer a -2 penalty to the attack roll. Saving throws allowed to their victims as a result of such attacks are made at a -2 bonus.

·Summoned or extraplanar creatures of the target alignment must make a saving throw versus spell with a +4 penaty. Failure forces them to depart the province immediately. Extraplanar creatures might be forced to use their powers (if they are able) to return to their place of origin. If these creatures succeed their saving throws, they may remain in the province, but suffer all effects of the ward.

·A spellcaster attempting to summon a creature of the target alignment must make a saving throw at a +4 penalty to the die roll when he casts the spell. If he fails, the spell fails automatically. If he succeeds, the spell works, but the summoned creature is affected by the ward realm spell.

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Similar, yes, but they can use their powers to remain (possibly).

I'm talking a higher level that would simply banish them back, no additional opportunity to remain, and would be less targeted by alignment. Optional to be able to allow specific units to be unaffected, aster chooses at time of casting.

It's a clear upgrade to the existing spell.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas

Post by DCT - Destiny Corben-Talas » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:27 pm

Trust me, the setting ward spell already is brutal, saved us a lot of times in a former campaign
“No dimensions are closed to the ones in service of the Universal Law.”
Nur Hayati Corben-Talas

HW - Halmond Westerly

Post by HW - Halmond Westerly » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:42 pm

That's fine, just a suggestion.

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:25 pm

A Turn Undead realm spell that isn't locked to having the Bloodline ability is oddly not present. And I'd agree, a spell which targets summons (ie those summoned ogres or gnolls) would be appropriate.
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:29 pm

I'm not seeing it. If it doesn't do what the Ward Realm or Protection from Realm Magic spell does, it can do what the Dispel Realm Magic spell does. Dispel Realm Magic works just fine on summoned armies, as well as armies subject to any other spell.