War Rules

MS - Meaghan Smith

Re: War Rules

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:42 pm

AA - Albion Arawnson wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:32 pm
Sounds like a lot of people want to stay at home where only assassination can get them and then hide behind a large RP defense pool.
Let's see...I have a sword (which I usually hold by the right end...but not always), no spells, no thieving abilities, a near fatal allergy to bleeding --- yeah, I'm a gonna hide behind lots of soldiers and RP :)
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Simple. If a realm doesn't go to war, it profits off of everyone else's wars. That's what neutrality is all about!
"The Hunt rides. The Hunt protects."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:47 pm

But if everyone else is at war then war was inevitable.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:47 pm

It doesn't count if you're not involved (yet).

Kind of like how it's not a party until you arrive, except instead of a party, it's a war.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:57 pm

You said I thought war was inevitable. If someone else is warring then there is war whether I am involved or not.

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:59 pm

OR did you mean War with me or war with you specifically because that should have been clarified after what I said before that about lots of people hiding behind RP defense pools which pertained to 'in general' rather than 'specific'.

MS - Meaghan Smith

Post by MS - Meaghan Smith » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Fascinating rabbit hole....
Meaghan 'the Smith'

Baroness-Elector of Graven, Countess of Gravendale, Merchant-Princess of the Graven Trading Federated Order

"What has been built cannot be destroyed, save by those without vision, heart, or inspiration."

WM - The Waste Mage
King

Post by WM - The Waste Mage » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:14 pm

There are a lot of confusing tangents that take place in talking to her and not just with me. I am looking for the Rosetta stone because she writes well and spells well and there might be hidden genius in her train of thought if I can just decipher it.

TH - The Hunt
Emperor

Post by TH - The Hunt » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:26 pm

'Sounds like a lot of people[, meaning at least one or two of you,] want to stay at home where only assassination can get them and then hide behind a large RP defense pool[, instead of dying on the battlefield in the wars I assume you'll be engaged in, including the one I implied or assumed I'd be directly engaged with].'

'Sounds like you're assuming war [with you, from us, or involving any realm in particular,] is inevitable[, or in other words, that you believe every regent will be marked for death by another, or face them across the battlefield, sooner or later]. Not that I'd bet against it... but then, that's mostly because it doesn't make much sense to bet when anyone can [start a war or make an enemy at random just to prove the point].'

Blech.

CBC - Garand

Post by CBC - Garand » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:33 pm

AF - Areida Faderan wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:46 pm
Simple. If a realm doesn't go to war, it profits off of everyone else's wars. That's what neutrality is all about!
I tried Neutrality before. It gets you burned.
Kaigan: Before the ancient flame..
"We grieve."
Kaigan: At this loss..
"We weep."
Kaigan: For the fallen..
"We shout."
Kaigan: And for ourselves..
"We take our leave."